We will not have a land use committee meeting in March. It had been scheduled for 3/14/23, but is now CANCELED. Please attend our board meeting on Thursday 3/16/23 if there are items you want to discuss.
– No current land use notices to discuss.
– Portland’s Office of Community & Civic Life and PSU put together profiles of each neighborhood featuring statistics and characteristics based on surveys and the most recent census data. Here’s the profile for South Tabor.
– Powell-Division Safety Improvements Project – As requested at our July board meeting, TriMet has been updating us on the milestones for the crossings project. The latest update I got was on 2/17/23:
We are reviewing the impact of ODOT’s crossing closures on TriMet bus stops. Our hope is that they will not significantly impact the Powell-Division Safety and Access to Transit Project. Currently, we continue to work though the review and permitting process with the Bureau of Development Services (BDS) and ODOT. ODOT has been responsive, but the City process is delayed and our schedule reflects this. We plan to break ground later this year and as early as summer, although the date could slide to fall or later, depending on the review process.
We’ve received comments from all City of Portland bureaus. Many of which add more work and thus extra cost to the project, and some of which conflict with ODOT comments. We will provide responses to the comments next week.
We are hoping to initiate the procurement process in April. As it stands, we are unable to use our existing on call contract for the project as it was denied. We will instead be going through an RFP process which will go to our Board for approval for the construction contract.
NTP for design contract [May 2017] Design contract extended (new staff, rate review) [July 2022] Environmental Site Assessments for two sites completed [Oct. 2022] Developing revised drawing set [underway]
- Exploring pre-purchasing the Rectangular Rapid-Flashing Beacon (RRFB) equipment
- Review of revised plan set [Fall 2022] (2/17/23 update: This is ongoing.)
- Final plans review [January 2023 – DELAYED]
- Construction contract out for bids [February 2023 – DELAYED]
- Notice to Proceed (NTP) for construction contract [late March 2023 – DELAYED]
- Potential start date and construction duration at SE 79th. Contractor will determine schedule, TriMet will ask to prioritize. [Summer 2023 – BUT PROBABLY DELAYED]
– Mt. Tabor Maintenance Yard project updates. The webpage was last updated December 2022.
As a reminder, here’s our collection of land use and transportation resources.
STNA is committed to holding open, public meetings where everyone is welcomed and respected. Please email us at email@example.com if you have any questions, concerns, or need special accommodations to attend and participate in your neighborhood meetings.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have land use questions or suggestions for future meeting topics.
All land use committee meeting summaries are posted here: http://southtabor.org/land-use/