South Tabor Neighborhood Association
Land Use Committee Meeting Agenda
Tuesday, November 15, 2022, 7–8:30 p.m.
Meeting will take place remotely. See details below.
This is a public meeting. All are welcome!
Facilitator: John Carr, STNA Land Use Chair
Join the Remote Meeting
You can either dial in (audio only) or join by Zoom. If we record the meeting, John will post a link afterwards lower on this page. Any last-minute changes will be posted here too.
Join Zoom Meeting
Click here to join
+1 253 215 8782
Meeting ID: 987 2590 2709
7:00 (10 min): Introductions
7:10 (35 min.): Topics, Updates, and Announcements
– No current land use notices to discuss.
– Powell-Division Safety Improvements Project – As requested at our July board meeting, TriMet sent the following outline of milestones for the crossings project. They will follow up with updates closer to each one.
NTP for design contract [May 2017] Design contract extended (new staff, rate review) [July 2022] Environmental Site Assessments for two sites completed [Oct. 2022] Developing revised drawing set [underway](Submitted to ODOT by Nov. 2022)
- Exploring pre-purchasing the Rectangular Rapid-Flashing Beacon (RRFB) equipment
- Review of revised plan set [Fall 2022]
- Final plans review [January 2023]
- Construction contract out for bids [February 2023]
- Notice to Proceed (NTP) for construction contract [late March 2023]
- Potential start date and construction duration at SE 79th. Contractor will determine schedule, TriMet will ask to prioritize. [Summer 2023]
We asked specifically about whether TriMet has sped up the project since the most recent death and injuries on Powell and ODOT & PBOT’s subsequent commitment to improving safety. Those two agencies have already made a number of swift changes near SE 26th since mid October, some of which resemble what TriMet has yet to do east of SE Cesar E Chavez. Here is TriMet’s response: “We are working with our partners to accelerate safety improvements. However, we currently do not have an update with regards to the timeline of the acceleration of the improvements.”
– Transportation Safety – There was a hit and run on 11/9/22 on SE Powell at 64th. While we continue to push for design improvements on Powell, please do all you can to keep yourself and others safe. Wear bright colors, reflective gear, and lights (the more the better) when walking or biking. When driving, slow down when visibility is poor. (And it goes without saying, stay at the scene if you cause or witness an injury or fatality.)
– FX-2 Division Bus Issues – Where did the green bendy buses go? Recalled temporarily due to a mechanical issue.
– Mayor’s Office Camp Site Meeting Recap – I’ll give a brief summary of this meeting from 11/10/22.
– Mt. Tabor Maintenance Yard project updates. The webpage was last updated October 2022.
– November updates from the Bureau of Planning and Sustainability and ways to engage on citywide projects.
7:45 (20-30 min.) Guest Speaker: Zachary Lauritzen of Oregon Walks – Zachary will discuss organizing a community coalition to be part of the 82nd Ave transfer discussions.
8:30 (or sooner): Adjourn
As a reminder, here’s our collection of land use and transportation resources.
STNA is committed to holding open, public meetings where everyone is welcomed and respected. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions, concerns, or need special accommodations to attend and participate in your neighborhood meetings.
Email email@example.com if you have land use questions or suggestions for future meeting topics.
All land use committee meeting summaries are posted here: http://southtabor.org/land-use/