South Tabor Neighborhood Association
Land Use Committee Meeting Agenda
Tuesday, March 15, 2021, 7–8:30 p.m.
Meeting will take place remotely. See details below.
This is a public meeting. All are welcome!
Facilitator: John Carr, STNA Land Use Chair
Join the Remote Meeting
You can either dial in (audio only) or join by webcam or mobile device. If we record the meeting, John will post a link afterwards lower on this page. Any last-minute changes will be posted here too.
Click here to join
+1 253 215 8782
Meeting ID: 939 0630 4412
7:00 (10 min): Introductions
7:10 (30–60 min.): Updates and Announcements
- Looks like a permit has been issued to install security gates at the vehicle entrance to the Powell Self Storage facility. These were required by Design Commission in its final findings, but not included in the build. Here are the submitted drawings. No word on when these will go in.
- Progress from TriMet on the Division Transit Project! Scheduled to open September 2022. See these short videos for the sidewalk, crossing, and safety improvements already in place.
- Sadly. . . no progress from TriMet on the crossing at Powell and 79th. We got this update on 3/3/22: “There was a pause on the project over the holidays. Currently, the ODOT review of PBOT’s 70’s bikeway project is wrapping up. The responsibilities for the intersection is still being determined. Both PBOT and TriMet have improvements taking place there and some responsibilities have been agreed upon in principle. This review will be completed once an estimate for the design changes and a cost share agreement is reached and communicated with the Federal Highway Administration (FHWA). With this hurdle cleared, TriMet will be able to resubmit our updated plan set, which includes several crossing and stop improvements along the Powell and Division corridors, to the Portland Bureau of Planning and ODOT Region 1. We are also working with our Real Property department to draft easement documents including temporary construction easements for five locations.”
- Warner Pacific zoning change in the works. A pre-application conference was held on 3/3/22 to discuss a Zoning Map Amendment to change the university’s zoning from CI1 (Campus Institutional 1) to CI2 (Campus Institutional 2). Per the meeting notification, the “zone change is in conformance with the existing Comprehensive Plan Map designation. No development is currently proposed. The [conference] will also discuss vacating a portion of SE Caruthers Street.”
- Upcoming land use review for air quality station in Foster Powell. The Oregon DEQ gave us advanced notice that they’re planning updates at the air quality station at 5824 SE Lafayette St. This will have to go through a Type III land use review since it’s in an R5 zone. We will be notified since the property is within 1,000 feet of South Tabor. They’re hoping STNA will support the continued use of the property for the air quality station. An official notification with more details is to come.
- Weigh in on how you want ODOT to spend federal IIJA funds. Online open house through 3/14/22.
- Mt. Tabor Maintenance Yard project update
- February updates from the Bureau of Planning and Sustainability and ways to engage on citywide projects.
- Portland Housing Bureau announces Eviction Legal Support for Tenants
- Any other land use topics or questions?
- As a reminder, here’s our collection of land use and transportation resources.
8:10 (or sooner): Adjourn
STNA is committed to holding open, public meetings where everyone is welcomed and respected. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions, concerns, or need special accommodations to attend and participate in your neighborhood meetings.
Email email@example.com if you have land use questions or suggestions for future meeting topics.
All land use committee meeting summaries are posted here: http://southtabor.org/land-use/
Comments are closed.