South Tabor Neighborhood Association
Land Use Committee Meeting Agenda
Tuesday, February 16, 2021, 7–8:30 p.m.
Meeting will take place remotely. See details below.
This is a public meeting. All are welcome!
Facilitator: John Carr, STNA Land Use Chair
Join the Remote Meeting
You can either dial in (audio only) or join by webcam or mobile device. If we record the meeting, John will post a link afterwards lower on this page. Any last-minute changes will be posted here too.
Click here to join
+1 (253) 215-8782
Meeting ID: 926 7409 6989
7:00 (10 min): Introductions
7:10 (30 min.): Update on Pedestrian Crossing at SE 79th and Powell (by WinCo/Powell Street Station).
- We’ll look at the plans for and review the status of this funded — yet delayed — TriMet-led project to add safe crossings along Powell. Part of this project is a new signalized crossing at SE 79th that will improve access to transit, tie into the planned 70s Greenway project, and make it safer and easier for people to get to and from the Powell Street Station shopping center.
- We’ve invited a TriMet representative (though kinda last minute). Whether or not they can attend, we should have the project plans to share.
- How might STNA (and FPNA?) encourage TriMet, ODOT, and PBOT to speed the project along?
7:40 (15 min.): Share the February updates from the Bureau of Planning and Sustainability and ways to engage on citywide projects.
7:55 (15 min.): Updates and Announcements
- There are no land use notices or decisions to discuss this month.
- Missing security gates at the Powell Self Storage facility. These were required by Design Commission, but not included in the final build. Per PortlandMaps, this reported code violation is still under inspection.
- Here’s the latest on Portland Public Schools’ enrollment and program balancing efforts.
- As a reminder, here’s our collection of land use and transportation resources.
8:30 (or sooner): Adjourn
STNA is committed to holding open, public meetings where everyone is welcomed and respected. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions, concerns, or need special accommodations to attend and participate in your neighborhood meetings.
Email email@example.com if you have land use questions or suggestions for future meeting topics.
UPDATE (3/6/21): Meeting summary and TriMet crossing project planset linked here.
All land use committee meeting summaries are posted here: http://southtabor.org/land-use/