South Tabor Neighborhood Association
Land Use Committee Meeting Agenda
Tuesday, November 17, 2020, 7–8:30 p.m.
Meeting will take place remotely. See details below.
This is a public meeting. All are welcome!
Facilitator: John Carr, STNA Land Use Chair
Join the Remote Meeting
You can either dial in (audio only) or join by webcam or mobile device. If we record the meeting, John will post a link afterwards lower on this page. Any last-minute changes will be posted here too.
Click here to join
+1 (253) 215-8782
Meeting ID: 959 1033 0143
7:00 (10 min): Introductions
7:10 (60+ min.): Intro to Portland Public Schools Enrollment and Program Balancing Process
- Neighbor Kim Jarema has been following the process and will do her best to explain it to us.
- One of the goals of the balancing process is to optimize the use of facilities. This includes figuring out which K-5 schools will feed into the new Kellogg Middle School. See image below.
- Click here for a map of the scenario(s) that will be proposed at the Open Houses. Navigate to the Layer List in the upper right menu. Check Scenario 10 (the one currently under consideration) and uncheck Existing Conditions.
- The boundary changes decided on in December will impact enrollment at elementary schools, middle schools, and high schools beginning in Fall 2021.
- These changes will impact PPS families in South Tabor.
- PPS is hosting virtual open houses this week and making decisions in December. This is your chance to see what the SE Guiding Coalition is narrowing in on — and to weigh in. The open houses are the evenings of 11/17, 11/18, and 11/19 (general one, on Thursday).
- Here’s a survey to provide feedback.
8:15 (or so): Updates and Announcements
- There are no land use notices or decisions to discuss this month.
8:30 (or sooner): Adjourn
STNA is committed to holding open, public meetings where everyone is welcomed and respected. Please email us at email@example.com if you have any questions, concerns, or need special accommodations to attend and participate in your neighborhood meetings.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have land use questions or suggestions for future meeting topics.
All land use committee meeting summaries are posted here: http://southtabor.org/land-use/