South Tabor Neighborhood Association
Land Use Committee Meeting Agenda
Tuesday, August 13, 2019, 7–8:30pm at Trinity Fellowship, 2700 SE 67th Ave. (use rear entrance).
This is a public meeting. All are welcome!
Facilitator: John Carr
7:00 (5 min): Introductions
7:05: Proposed 5-unit multifamily development at NW corner of SE Powell Blvd. at SE 56th Ave. Review plans shared by developer/architect. Note, this project is appropriate to the R1 zone, and no adjustments are required, so there is no land use review.
- Land use notice: 2850 SE 82nd Ave. (Fubonn Shopping Center). Type II proposal in the adjacent Powellhurst-Gilbert neighborhood. Applicant is requesting an adjustment that would allow vehicle access to SE 85th Ave. (a neighborhood greenway) through a setback buffer east of the shopping center (rear parking lot) and across from a residential zone (http://southtabor.org/news/land-use-notice-2850-se-82nd-ave-fubonn-shopping-center/).
- SE Woodward & SE 62nd updates
- Ongoing construction sites (Powell Self Storage, Kellogg Middle School). Any issues?
- Announcement: 2019 Portland Traffic and Transportation Class: The New Evolution (https://www.portlandoregon.gov/transportation/psuclass). 10-week course designed for transportation enthusiasts to learn about evolving mobility and transportation opportunities in the city. Will feature speakers from community-based organizations and the transportation industry and address themes such as equity, diversity, and inclusion; livability and affordability; and community engagement. Open to Portland residents, capped at 30 students selected by a random lottery. Full scholarships are available. Starts October 3rd and meets Thursday nights at PSU. Live-streamed for those who might otherwise not be able to attend. Anyone can watch remotely.
- LUC communication plan, online resources – progress report
- Division Transit Project update (presentation from July meeting of Community Advisory Committee: https://trimet.org/division/pdf/DTP_CAC_Presentation_7_18_19.pdf)
- Other business?