STNA Board Meeting
7pm Welcome and Introductions
Board Members Present: Tina, Juan, John, Nate, Sergio, Brian
Neighbors: Taesha, Kristan, Tracy and Larissa, Andy
7:15 Board /Committee Reports
Treasurer–$6000 in the bank, no changes. Annual filing due May 15th.
Land Use–No meeting this month. Testimony given to Trimet about the lack of action on the safe passing projects for Division and Powell. Available on southtabor.org
Communications–no major update, position will be up for election.
Events–Nothing to report
Powell Frontage Road
Diversity–Nothing to report
SE Uplift LUTC–No meeting this month
SE Uplift–SEUL Bylaws have been passed. Applications are open soon for at-large, community org, and Business district members to SEUL.
7:30 Old business:
● Approve meeting minutes for January –John moved to approved, second by Nate. Passes unanimously.
● Discussion on Clinton Park Playground Improvements–Spoke with east parks and requested graffiti abatement. Planning to contact more city contacts.
● Discussion Powell Frontage Roads–Letter requesting ODOT to drop restrictions. Surveys are being circulated. An old plan was found by Land Use:
● 2022 Neighborhood Yard Sale– Juan moves to create Yard Sale Committee authorized to spend up to $300 for advertising and printing. 2nd by Nate. Motion passes unanimously.
● PPS Boundary changes–Andy from SE Guiding Coalition for advising district on how to open to Middle Schools and create new boundaries. Kellogg was open last year, and Harrison Park will be converting to a Middle School from a K-8. Final recommendation to superintendent due tomorrow, voting on 5/24. Current proposal has the majority of South Tabor going to Harrison park middle school and Atkinson. A small piece of South Tabor will be Arleta/Kellogg. https://www.pps.net/enrollmentbalancing
8:10 New Business
● May Elections–everything except secretary and chair: Communications, Vice-Chair, SEUL Representative,
SE Uplift Houselessness Action Committee recruitment-ST can nominate people to the committee, similar to LUTC.
● City Charter Changes, discussion
Comments are closed.