What if I need help?

March 31, 2020 Comments Off on What if I need help?
What if I need help?

STNA will be posting resources under other topics such as: “What can I do to help”, “How do I keep my kids busy?”, “Emergency and Information Services”, and “Mental Health Tips”. We are compiling information from other sources, and this information is by no means exhaustive. If you would like to contribute please email info@southtabor.org. Thanks.

We are in extraordinary times. Hopefully we will never experience something like this again in our lifetimes. We all need each other to get through this. It is ok to ask for help.

Call 211 or go to www.211info.org

Pdxmutualaid.com PDX Mutual Aid can help in a variety of ways. Visit the link to find out how.

If you need food: https://www.oregonfoodbank.org/find-help/find-food/

Breakfast and lunch will be provided to children in the community Monday through Friday. Meals will be available for pickup outside the following SE schools from 11 a.m.-1 p.m. at Franklin High School, Woodmere Elementary, Grout Elementary, Madison at Marshall, Harrison Park School, Lent School. 

The SUN Food Pantry sites will be available:

Fridays at Franklin HS 5405 SE Woodward,  11:30am-1:30pm courtesy of IRCO

Mondays at Lent K-8 school, 5105 SE 97th Ave, 11:30am-1:30pm courtesy of IRCO

Weds at Woodmere Elem. 7900 SE Duke St, 11am-1pm courtesy of Latino Network

Other Portland Public Schools links for Meals, Childcare, Mental Health and Safety: www.pps.net/Page/15080

If you have been laid off due to the COVID-19 outbreak, you can apply for unemployment insurance. Once you apply, there is still a one-week waiting period while your application is processed. https://www.oregon.gov/employ/unemployment/pages/default.aspx

Concerned about paying bills? Contact your credit cards, PGE to see if they can provide any relief regarding payments. The Portland Water Bureau has already announced they will not be disconnecting water for non-payment and currently their customer service call center is closed. 

Do you need childcare? Dial 211 to be directed to a provider: prioritization is given to health care workers, first responders and people who work in essential services like grocery stores.

If you are a small business or are self-employed, the following are resources you can access for disaster relief. 

Small Business Administration Disaster Loan Application: https://disasterloan.sba.gov/ela/

Business Oregon Disaster Relief: https://www.oregon4biz.com/

Recently lost your health coverage? The Oregon Health Authority has updated their resources:  https://healthcare.oregon.gov/Pages/find-help.aspx

Comments are closed.