The South Tabor Neighborhood Association, in partnership with SOLVE and Metro, invites you to pick up litter on Powell Blvd and other perimeter/interior streets on March 26th, 9AM – 12PM. This section of Powell borders our neighborhood, and we’re taking an active step in keeping it clean! We will work rain or shine. Sign up at http://solveoregon.org/get-involved/event-registration/26177. There will be coffee, tea, and pastries available in the morning, and pizza in the afternoon.
A required disclaimer from Metro:
Prohibited materials, not covered by Metro’s disposal voucher program include all hazardous waste materials; all construction, remodeling or demolition materials (see examples below); all kitchen garbage, residential yard debris and trimmings, and waste and recyclables collected curbside.
EXAMPLES OF HIGH RISK MATERIALS SUSPECTED OF CONTAINING ASBESTOS:
- Flooring: vinyl tiles, vinyl sheet, mastic
- Walls: plaster, decorative plaster
- Siding: cement siding shingles “Transite”
- Ceilings: acoustical tiles, “popcorn” and spray-on texture
- Insulation: spray-applied, blown-in, vermiculite, pipe, HVAC and lagging
- Electrical: wire insulation, panel partitions
- Other: fire doors, fire brick, fire proofing
I don’t anticipate that we will find any of the above items.