South Tabor Neighborhood Association, in partnership with Friends of Trees, is looking for volunteers for tree planting! Friends of Trees will supply all the gear and gloves. Enjoy a complimentary hot lunch before we head out!
When: Saturday, November 3rd, 11:30a-4:00p.
Where: Central Bible Church, 8815 NE Glisan St (map)
What: We have about 220 trees we’ll be planting in the South Tabor, Mt. Tabor, and Montavilla neighborhoods.
How: Volunteer opportunities include:
- Tree Transporter! We are looking volunteers with open bed pickups and trailers who are willing to drive to deliver about ten trees and some shovels and rakes with each neighborhood planting crew. You are also welcome to help your planting crew plant these 10 trees, although it’s not a required part of this role. To help with truck needs, click here: https://friendsoftrees.org/volunteer/how-to-volunteer/truck-driver/
- Food Transporter! We love to have warm crock pots full of your favorite meals for the hungry planters before they head out to plant; please drop off heated crockpots, pots of soup, desserts, or side dish items to Central Bible (8815 NE Glisan St) by 11:30a.m. Please let us know what you plan to bring on planting day by filling in this form
- Tree Transporter and Planter by bike! Bring your helmet and dress for the weather! We’ll load up bike trailers with tools and trees and bike to a few homes in the neighborhood to plant trees. Don’t have a trailer? Feel free to borrow one or just bike along and help plant. To plant by bike, sign up here: https://friendsoftrees.org/volunteer/how-to-volunteer/bike-planter/
- Tree Planter! Join in for a fun afternoon of planting trees! You’ll be placed on a team led by a trained Friends of Trees crew leader and will plant about 7 trees throughout the neighborhood. No experience necessary, and all ages welcome! Sign up here!
- Morning set-up (9:30am-11:00am): Help us prep in the morning before the planting by sorting trees and tools for each planting crew! Interested in signing up for this role or learning more? Contact Haley at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kitchen crew (11am-2:30pm): Help out at the staging site in the kitchen serving lunch, washing dishes, and helping to pack up the event. Interested in signing up for this role or learning more? Contact Haley at email@example.com
- Sign-in Helper (11:15am-1pm): Help us sign in the volunteers and assign them to planting crews. This is a great job if you aren’t physically able to plant. Interested in signing up for this role or learning more? Contact Haley at firstname.lastname@example.org
If all of this sounds amazing and you’re interested in becoming more involved, click here for additional information on the neighborhood coordinator role: https://friendsoftrees.org/volunteer/how-to-volunteer/nc/.
Comments are closed.