STNA Meeting Thursday, 2/16/17
By Sandra Hay Magdaleno, Secretary 2/20/17, Approved 3/16/17
Board Present: Sandra Hay Magdaleno, Board Quorum not present.
Neighbors Present: John Carr, Tina Kimmey, Stephanie Caribay, Chip Stromback, Stacie Greer, Brian Romer, Ron Chambers
As members came with an immediate land use concern with the property on 62nd and Powell, and as we needed the general membership to vote on the slate of new people willing to take on 3 of our committees we moved forward.
There was no PPB Officer and no report.
As there was not a quorum, we did not vote on prior minutes nor on the current STNA bank balance of $5,723.27 on 1/3/17.
Lauran Hanson with PPS capital construction bond nor Chestnut Court Tenants Union Speaker were not present.
While waiting to see if anyone else would come, we reviewed some Land Use upcoming events/issues coming to the neighborhood. They are:
- STNA Land Use, Sustainability and Communication Committee Meetings, Tuesday, 2/21/17 7-8:30pm at Trinity.
- Wednesday, 2/22/17, Meeting with potential developer and neighborhood on 7 Dees space on 62nd and SE Powell Blvd., at East Portland Coffee Roasters located at 79th and SE Division St. rom 7-8pm.
- Community Listening Session on Division Street Safety
Thursday, 2/23/17 from 6-8pm at JAMS-82nd and Division.
- Request for representative to attend the Portland Building Reconstruction Project planning sessions?:
Thursday, 3/2/17 from 5:30-7:00pm and
Thursday, 4/13/17 from 5:30-7:00pm in the Lovejoy Room at City Hall.
- Public Signing Ceremony for Jade Greening at Harrison Park
Friday, 3/3/17 from 10am-12:30pm—-10am start at Community Garden at Harrison Park, 11:30am reception at restaurant nearby.
- Community Forum on Jade/PANO Mixed Use Development for design progress and public input.
Tuesday, 3/7/17, 6-7:30pm at the Jade/APANO building on 82nd and SE Division.
We had a good productive discussion regarding the 7Dees possible storage unit development for the commercial property at 62nd and SE Division. Many ideas and concerns were discussed with positive momentum to bring to the Land Use Committee meeting on 2/21/17 and the meeting with the developer on 2/22/17.
The general membership voted on the slat of new board members:
The slate was presented by Sandra as:
John Carr as SEUL Land Use and Transportation Representative
Brian Romer as STNA Land Use Chair
Tina Kimmey SEUL Delegate.
Request for other nominations made. None. Vote taken. Unanimous Ratification by the general membership.
Meeting adjourned at 8:30pm.